|Select the Course Number to get further detail on the course. Select the desired Schedule Type to find available classes for the course.|
|EAPP 8494 - Advanced Editing Writing|
Navigating the Process: Advanced Strategies in Rewriting is a course in rewriting, editing and proofreading available to all qualified international students. The course concentrates on giving non-native speakers of English the necessary tools to edit their own writing. We will use short in- class writing and papers from other classes to sharpen our editing skills.|
Students can expect to ...
- learn the strengths and weaknesses in their own writing;
- increase knowledge and understanding of academic English usage;
- enrich style and expression; punctuate correctly;
- write more cohesively (and coherently);
- use transitions more effectively;
- reduce redundancy;
- research and teach a grammar point;
- work in small groups;
- and give and receive written feedback.